With online selling creating billions of dollars in revenue and reaching millions of customers on a daily basis, it is no wonder that many people are using Amazon as their primary way of selling their products. Like every businessperson, trying to create a better bottom line while spending the least money is the goal. There are ways to supplement selling on Amazon; Facebook Marketplace is one site that can assist in sales.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a place to shop and sell, however it is designed more like a flea market. It is full of small quantity, mom and pop shops or rare items; many small businesses use Facebook Marketplace to sell their goods and services.
Advantages to using Facebook Marketplace:
There are a few advantages to adding this platform to your business. When it is being used in addition to your primary Amazon account, ensure that you are following all the rules from Amazon even when advertising on Facebook.
- Better communication between seller and buyer. Facebook Marketplace uses a messenger program that allows the sellers and buyers to be in constant communication with each other. Allowing real time communication can help facilitate the sale.
- Great way to sell excess stock: All sellers will agree that having extra stock takes up storage and recouping the cost of the stock is better then having it sit. Facebook Marketplace is a great place to sell this stock.
- Finding new products. Depending on the business model that is utilized and the target audience that you are seeking, Facebook Marketplace has other sellers from mom and pop shops and rare items that can be purchased and then used under your Amazon store.
- Facebook Marketplace opens up new consumers for your business. Amazon hits millions of consumers but Facebook can add additional potential consumers as well.
- One of the biggest advantages is that it is free. So, when trying to promote your business and reach new customers, why not take advantage of a free service?
So why not just use Facebook Marketplace?
The number one reason that you should continue to use Amazon as your primary source of selling is the customer base. Facebook is a social media platform that is designed for communication and there is a small area of this platform for selling. This means that there are less people looking to purchase items on Facebook. Facebook also is more regionalized with their selling, only reaching a small geographic area. Amazon is designed as a selling platform and people who are searching on Amazon are searching for something to buy. Amazon reaches worldwide.
Amazon has rules and regulations to ensure that both the consumer and the seller are protected. Facebook is not regulated as it is more like an open flea market. This concept can put both sellers and consumers at risk of being targeted for fraud and scams with little repercussions.
Online selling is one the best ways to sells your goods. Amazon is one the best platforms to sell on. There are ways to supplement your sales such as Facebook Marketplace. For more information about succeeding in ecommerce, click here.