E-commerce is one the most popular way to buy and sell goods today. The Amazon platform has over 150 million visitors a month in the USA alone. This platform is used by millions of sellers a month; this many sellers can cause some concerns and issues. There are rules and regulations for seller compliance. As a result, there are times that a sellers account can be suspended. If your account happens to be suspended there are some questions that you can ask in order to get back online and making a profit.
The first question is why?
There are many reasons why your sellers account may be suspended. If you intentionally tried to cheat the system, then you would be aware of your actions. However, there are times that you may not know why you are suspended. Instead of holding a pity party, you need to get the information to get back online. Some of the reasons that you could be suspended are:
- Selling inauthentic items or counterfeit items- It is important that you know where you are purchasing your bulk goods from and that they are genuine.
- Selling prohibited items- You should be aware of any prohibited items, double check the list if you are suspended.
- Items are not as advertised- You should know what the items are, however, sometimes there can be a mix up in the description. Ensure that your description matches the item.
- Too many complaints from customers or competitors- Amazon tries to ensure that there is fair competition. If you are continually getting complaints about the sales or service or that you are not selling competitively (ex. cheating the Buy Box) you could be suspended.
Then ask, is there help?
The Amazon Suspension Protection Program or hiring professionals is a proactive way to try and avoid suspension. This allows people to monitor your site for performance as well as anything that could trigger a suspension. This program can also assist with writing letters for an appeal to get a fast resolution.
If you are not using the protection program you will need information for your appeal.
- What is the root cause or causes of the suspension?
- How are you going to resolve the issue (there needs to be a plan)?
- What are you going to do to prevent suspension in the future?
When Amazon reviews your appeal there needs to be details of all of these things to be reconsidered for re-instatement. You should include any documentation that can be of assistance.
If you are a suspended seller, you want to be re-instated as fast as possible. Any down time hurts your reputation and your bottom line. The best thing to do is ensure that you are following the fair competition rules and prevent any suspension. For more information about e-commerce training click here.